Nissan Motor (Thailand)
About this policy
Nissan’s commitment is to put customers at the heart of everything we do, so we believe that transparency is the key to every relationship. As such, we place great importance on security of your personal data and we want to be transparent about how we use it.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
We may collect Personal Data directly or indirectly from:
- You, or your representative;
- Our business partners such as Nissan dealers, service providers, suppliers and contractors;
- Other entities in Nissan group affiliates; and,
- Government bodies or other organizations.
What kind of your Personal Data do we collect and hold?
The Personal Data we collect and hold will vary depending on what is required for us to perform our functions and responsibilities, and may include:
- Identity information (e.g. date of birth, details of identification card, passport information and official identification card and driver license)
- Name, address and contact details (e.g. phone, email and fax)
- Personal circumstances (e.g. age, gender, marital status and occupation)
- Financial affairs information (e.g. payment details, bank account details, and information about business and financial interests)
- Information about your satisfaction on our products and services
- Professional information, if you apply for a job at NMT
- Information about the hardware and software you use for access, including IP address, browser type, language, operating system, application, access times, referring website address and cookie information.
How long will the Personal Data be held?
We will retain the Personal Data for as long as it is necessary or relevant for our legitimate business interests; for legal reasons; and to prevent harm, including as described in “How do we use and disclose the Personal Data” below.
How do we use and disclose the Personal Data?
We use or disclose the Personal Data in the following ways:
- To carry out our direct or indirect obligations arising from any contracts;
- To provide you with the information of products and services (e.g. sale transaction, after-sale service and warranty claim);
- To improve, maintain and develop our products and services;
- To communicate with you (e.g. send you service notifications, respond to you when you contact us, promote new products or services,) you can control marketing communications and most Service notifications by using your notification preferences in account settings or via the “Unsubscribe” link in an email.
- To promote safety and security;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To process recruitment in case where you apply a job with us ;
- To expedite the processing of your Personal Data;
- To disclose to other entities in Nissan group affiliate; and/or
- To comply with the applicable laws.
We rely on several legal bases to process the data. These include when you have given your consent, which you may withdraw at any time; when the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, like the Terms of Service; and our legitimate business interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the Services, marketing new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
Whom might your Personal Data be disclosed to?
While we will protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure, your Personal Data may be shared or disclosed*to the following entities or parties:
- Any member of our group including our subsidiaries, related corporations and Nissan group affiliates and with our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- Business partners, dealers, suppliers, service providers and contractors for the performance of any contract;
- Advertisement networks;
- Analytics and search engine providers;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets;
- Our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- Entities providing insurance and warranty services;
- Public and governmental authorities; and
- Any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- Subject to applicable laws.
How do we disclose your Personal Data to overseas recipients?
We will only provide your Personal Data to an overseas recipient if we are legally allowed to do so under PDPA or other applicable laws.
How do we assure quality of your Personal Data?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data that we collect is accurate, up-to-date, complete and correct.
We work hard to keep your data safe. Although, we use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data, in reality there is no method of transmitting or storing data that is completely secure. However, if you have a security-related concern, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
How do we secure your Personal Data?
When it is necessary to provide your Personal Data to a third party, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that the third party will protect your Personal Data from loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
What is your control over your Personal Data?
According to PDPA you have the right to:
- Access to your Personal Data;
- Rectify your Personal Data;
- Ask for your Personal Data to be erased;
- Object to collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data;
- Request to suspend the use of your personal data; and
- Withdraw your consent
How to contact us?
If you have questions, suggestions, concerns about this policy, or about our use of your information, please contact us at Data-Protection-Officer@nissan.co.th
Address: Nissan Motor (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.
3 Rajanakarn Biliding, 27th Floor, South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120
Call: 0 2339 3300 extension 4336
Please provide your contact details when making a complaint or request, and we will respond to you promptly. (consider to insert link).
We will not charge you any fees in dealing with your request regarding your Personal Data under this Policy. However, there may be a charge involved for us to process a request under PDPA that goes beyond a request regarding your Personal Data.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed to your browser which passes it back to the server whenever a page is sent to you.
Our server generates one cookie. It is used to keep track of the pages you have accessed while using our server. The cookie allows you to navigate back and forwards through the web site and return to pages you have already visited. The cookie exists only for the time you are accessing our server.